PACrossmatch Job Board - Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine
Job DescriptionPhysician Assistant
Woodland HealthCare (WH) is a 50 bed acute care facility located 2 hours northeast of the San Francisco bay area and just 15 minutes northeast of Sacramento. The 17 bed ED’s average volume is 20,000 patient visits annually. Woodland is an Accredited Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center, as well as a Child-Friendly Emergency Department with wait times of 20 minutes or less. Physicians provide 24 hours of daily coverage, Allied Health Providers work 9 hour shifts with 3 hours of double coverage.
Here are some facts about WH:
· On call services: FM/IM for admissions, Peds, OB/GYN, Surgery, Ortho, ICU, Cardiology
· Excellent ED Nurses, Techs, and ancillary staff
· Excellent Multi-specialty clinic attached; Adjacent urgent care center with PA’s
· Excellent Case mixture
· Adult Hospitalist program
· California Physician Assistant License
· Board Certification (NCCPA, AANP or ANCC)
· ACLS and PALS certification
· DEA License with California registration
· 1 year of Emergency Medicine experience
· 2 years of primary care experience
(Willing to consider motivated candidate with potential to be trained)
About the Community:
Known as the “City of Trees”, Woodland is on the western outskirts of Sacramento. Located near the State Capital and UC Davis, Woodland offers affordable living in a friendly, safe, and caring community with lots of sports and recreation.
Advanced Practice Clinicians (APC's) are employees of VEP. They receive an hourly base rate and an opportunity to earn productivity compensation at specific sites. APC's are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, vision, dental, and life insurance, profit sharing, 401k, CME and license allowances. Our APC,s also enjoy the benefit of flexible schedules, paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage and the opportunity to become a stockholder which allows them to become actively involved in the governance of the company.